Cookies Alert / Info

I place this notice here, in case you do not see it automatically from Google. I don't personally do cookies, but Google does. If you don't want cookies to be used, please exit now. Thanks. / / "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Armor of God

Good morning!

About a dozen years ago, a preacher challenged us to pray the Lord's Armor on us each day with our daily prayers. I had heard that before, but for some reason, that time it 'stuck'.  He gave an example and during the years, it has evolved into what I now pray. Sometimes daily, sometimes, I just pray to first line to cover it all. That way it does not become 'vain repetition' for me.

Here is my version of that prayer:


By faith I ask to be protected by Your armor.
Help me wear the girdle of truth and not deceive or be deceived in any way. Having none of my own goodness, please cover me with your breastplate of righteousness.
Help me walk in shoes of the gospel of peace. Please help me have peace with each and every one. Help my motives be right and people not misunderstand them.
Be my shield of faith today, dear Lord. May Your presence protect me from all of Satan's attacks.
Protect my head with Your helmet of salvation. Let me think thoughts that you would approve of.
Help me use Your Word as the sword of the Spirit. Teach me to use it for my protection and be a witness for You. Help me know its power by what I have studied and memorized.
I thank You, Heavenly Father, that my victory in Christ is not only protective, but I can claim Your victory against everything that opposes Your will in my life. Help me use the name of my Lord Jesus Christ to tear down all Satan has planned to hinder revival in my life, family, church and country.

This year, I guess as a watch word ... or several ... I underlined this part. I don' t know if have ever been impressed to underline something I have written, before.

Help me use the name of my Lord Jesus Christ to tear down all Satan has planned to hinder revival in my life, family, church and country.

As I have prayed it this year, I have been prompted to share it on my blog. 
Sometimes, it takes me a while to follow His lead, which is a shame, but today, I did not let myself become sidetracked. Now, to finish my devotions! God bless each and every one!

No comments: