Cookies Alert / Info

I place this notice here, in case you do not see it automatically from Google. I don't personally do cookies, but Google does. If you don't want cookies to be used, please exit now. Thanks. / / "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse."

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Way back, long time ago, when I was a young woman ... The USA got its sugar from Cuba. Something happened between the two countries and the price went up high .... so high we, as a young couple, could not afford it.So, we started cutting back, just a little at first, then increasing the amount that we left out of our tea until there was no sugar.
For many years we have drank unsweetened tea. People wondered how we were going to handle that when we retired and moved to the South. But, thankfully, many others have joined our ranks!
This week we stopped at a fast food to eat. I got unsweetened tea, but when it was time for the refill, the woman was busy (and it was behind the counter) so I went to the self-serve and filled my still half full container with ice and added just a mite of sweet tea, just to experiment. That little bit messed up the whole cupful! I sipped on it until I got home and filled it again with my unsweetened tea, but it still was too sweet for me.


Amazing what a little bit .....




2 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yes….it IS amazing what just a ''little bit'' of something can change the whole makeup of something else! So many times we Christians get in trouble by thinking we can add just a ''little bit'' of worldliness in our lives and it will make it ''sweeter'' but lots of times it just messes up what we already had!
Good post!!

Deborah said...

I'm in Canada where we generally drink hot tea...I've never added sugar, and when I accidently get tea with sugar it's horrible! This past summer, our daughter stayed with us and she made sweet tea every day (with ice) I finally had to tell her to stop...way too much sugar!